Understanding the Role of Health Economics at ACI
Improved decision-making to support the delivery of sustainable, system-wide change proposals.
- Describes how health economics will be integrated into the work of the ACI;
- Articulates the objectives and principles of the ACI economics function and team;
- Demonstrates how health economics supports the development and implementation of ACI models of care;
- Provides high-level explanations of key economic techniques and documents.
Given a formalised health economic function is relatively new, the ACI has developed a Guide for all ACI staff, network chair and members on how health economics will be used within the ACI.
The ACI has a team dedicated to providing specialist technical economic expertise and advice for ACI staff and networks to inform and support the development of innovative models of care and improvements in health service delivery. This guide has been prepared to describe how health economics will be applied within the ACI.
Key Date (location) Pilot Site Implementation Site
Document will be reviewed in 12 months.
Health economic analysis has been used to support implementation and development of the following ACI projects:
- Model of Care for Osteoporotic Refracture Prevention
- Model of Care for the Osteoarthritis Chronic Care Program
- Rehabilitation Model of Care
- Improved management of Fractured Neck of Femur
02 6625 5092
Director, Clinical Program Design and Implementation
02 9464 4605
Page Top | Added: 8 November 2013 | Last modified: 20 January 2014