Support Network for the Local Health District Redesign and Innovation Leaders Group
To enable, support and challenge group members to achieve their mission of driving healthcare quality and efficiency through shared knowledge, collaborative communication and professional peer support.
This network can generate significant momentum for local and system change by optimising relationships within and across clinical and geographical boundary lines.
The Redesign and Innovation Leaders Group seeks to drive quality and efficiency and build a profile for Healthcare Redesign and Innovation across LHDs and Specialty Health Networks (SHNs).
It does this by providing access to external and shared knowledge through collaborative communication. Network members are particularly committed to professional peer support, enhancing the patient journey and Redesign leadership.
The Centre for Healthcare Redesign fosters this group by providing monthly group meetings, regular teleconferences and a discussion platform. This enhances collaboration, development of system resources, and professional development.
Since 2011-2012, ACI have funded Redesign and Innovation in LHDs/SHNs within NSW.
There are 27 Redesign & Innovation Leaders appointed across all LHDs, as well as the Ambulance Service of NSW, St Vincent’s Health Network, Sydney Children’s Hospital Network, and Justice and Forensic Mental Health Network.
Since 2012, the CHR is supporting these positions through offering a facilitated program of knowledge sharing and professional development.
Despite working under different governance structures within their local health services, Redesign Leaders have consistent reference points to what are otherwise varied skill sets and experience, such as:
- Business Process Redesign
- Project Management
- Change Management
- Knowledge Management
- Coaching and Mentoring.
The Redesign and Innovation Leaders is highly active in the interests of both their local teams and the CHR, by supporting the CHR Grad Cert Program. This includes:
- Identifying optimal projects and participants to attend the program
- Coaching and mentoring the participants and projects from their LHDs/SHNs
- Contributing directly to the CHR Grad Cert Program delivery through provision of individual sessions, deliverable assessments and providing expert feedback to participants at their presentation days.
As an informal network of 27 developing experts, the Redesign and Innovation Leaders have benefited from significant internal mentoring and networking between experienced and newer members. As an established and cohesive group, they are now in a position of opportunity to generate significant momentum for local and system-wide change by optimising relationships within and across clinical and geographical boundary lines.
- All Local Health Districts
- Ministry of Health
- Ambulance Service NSW
- NSW Kids and Families
- Cancer Institute NSW
Key Date (location) Pilot Site Implementation Site
In 2015, Over 90% of the Redesign and Innovation Leaders had delivered improvement-related training. In that year alone, they have coached and mentored 470 staff leading change, this means over 200 projects and improvement initiatives.
- Centre for Healthcare Redesign Grad Cert Program – Redesign and Innovation Leaders coach program participants in development, implementation and evaluation of their projects. The Redesign and Innovation Leaders Group reviews coaching techniques as part of its professional development program.
- Develop Accelerating Implementation Methodology approach – Redesign and Innovation Leaders are accredited to deliver AIM courses and participate in the AIM Strategy Group.
- Build and Implement the ACI Knowledge Management approach.
Centre for Healthcare Redesign Manager
02 9464 4659
Director, Clinical Program Design and Implementation
02 9464 4605
Page Top | Added: 25 October 2013 | Last modified: 5 August 2016