Home Enteral Nutrition (HEN) Factsheets and Brochures
To provide information about HEN for consumers and health professionals.
Practical information for health professionals about HEN in NSW.
Improved support for consumers accessing HEN services.
HEN factsheets and brochures inform HEN clinicians, consumers, health professionals and support workers. These materials clarify what HEN is, and outline which support services are available.
The range of materials include:
- Home Enteral Nutrition Services – Information for Individuals and Carers Factsheet
Explains HEN. It also outlines who may require HEN, what help is available, where to get HEN products and how to access HEN services.
- Home Enteral Nutrition – An Information Guide for Consumers Brochure
Defines a range of commonly used HEN terms and outlines how consumers can use My Health Record to manage and organise HEN
- Home Enteral Nutrition Services – Information for Health Care Workers, Disability Support Staff and Health Professional Factsheet
Explains what HEN is, why people may need HEN, which health professionals are involved in HEN, how consumers can access HEN products and what other support services are available.
- Home Enteral Nutrition – Clinician’s Guide to Home Enteral Nutrition (HEN) Brochure
Explains what HEN is, using the My Health Record book for HEN information, the roles and responsibilities of HEN clinicians and consumers, and it defines commonly used HEN terms.
- Ageing, Disability and Home Care
Key Date (location) Pilot Site Implementation Site
The brochures and factsheets will be reviewed in 2015 - 2016 to ensure they include up-to-date information and advice.
Evaluation will include feedback from clinicians and consumers.
- ACI Guidelines for Home Enteral Nutrition (HEN) Services
- Home Enteral Nutrition (HEN) Cards
- Gastrostomy Guidelines
- All resources are available on the ACI website. Consumer resources are available in seven community languages.
Printed copies of the consumer resources can be purchased in bulk by LHDs via the NSW Health Stream ordering system. More information is available from the HealthShare intranet: http://intranet.hss.health.nsw.gov.au/about/healthshare/operations/sfmc/2
Network Manager - Nutrition
02 9464 4635
Director, Primary Care and Chronic Services
02 9464 4603
Page Top | Added: 6 November 2013 | Last modified: 13 April 2015