Framework for the Statewide Model for Palliative and End-of-Life Care Service Provision
To inform the development of a comprehensive model of care for equitable palliative and end-of-life care service provision in NSW.
The Framework is the foundation for advancing work towards the Network’s vision that all NSW residents have access to quality care based on assessed need as each approaches and reaches the end of their life.
This Framework will identify and articulate:
- The need for a Framework-approach to service delivery
- The scope and vision of the Framework and the subsequent model of care
- The need for palliative and end-of-life care in NSW
- Current challenges
- An integrated service framework – including levels of specialist palliative care services and primary health services
- Structural arrangements and an analysis of current service gaps
- The benefits of palliative and end-of-life care in NSW
- Roles and relationships for implementing the Framework
- Priority action areas
- A road map for improvement.
This Framework is the first step in developing a statewide model for palliative and end-of-life care.
It describes some of the complexities faced in providing quality palliative and end-of-life care across a range of acute, sub-acute, primary care and community settings; including the home.
Statewide consultation with a range of medicare locals, primary care providers including general practitioners, palliative care specialists, non-government organisations, patients, families and carers
Key Date (location) Pilot Site Implementation Site
The Network will work with the ACI Health Economics and Analysis Team to evaluate the outcomes of the ACI Palliative Care Program in accordance with the NSW Government Evaluation Framework and Understanding Program Evaluation: An ACI Framework.
Acting Palliative Care Network Manager
02 9464 4615
Director, Primary Care and Chronic Services
02 9464 4687
Page Top | Added: 11 November 2013 | Last modified: 20 January 2014